Frequently Asked Questions - Club Travel, Flights from Ireland, Sun holidays, Irish Travel Agency, Dublin Travel Agency - Club Travel

Subscribe to Holiday Deals

By submitting the form below, you are providing your consent to receive marketing communications from Club Travel and its associated companies by email. Please see our Privacy Policy below for more information on how your personal data will be used.

Frequently Asked Questions


You are in category: Visas & Transit
Visa information

What is APIS?

Advance Passenger Information or APIS is passport and associated information, which the governments of various countries require Airlines to collect from passenger's prior to travel.
It is important to note that you can be denied boarding if you have not submitted this information prior to check-in.
What information is required?
Passport Info (country of issue, passport number, date of birth, expiry date etc)
Country of Residence
Full Destination Address (incl Zip code) or Alien Registration / Green Card

APIS Data is currently required for customers travelling to/from or in transit through the following countries:
Antigua & Barbuda, Australia, Barbados, Bermunda, Canada, China (except Hong Kong), Cuba, Dominica, Grenada, Guyana, Jamaica, Japan, Korea, Kuwait, Mexico, New Zealand, South Africa, Spain, St Kitts and Nevis, St Vincent and the Grenadines, Thailand, Trinidad and Tobago, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom and USA.

There are new destinations being added to this all the time, so make sure to check at the time of booking if APIS is required for your destination or transit point.


If you are travelling to or via the United States and if you come from a country that is part of the Visa Exemption Programme, from 12 January the Electronic System for Travel Authorization (ESTA) replaces the form that has until now been completed on the plane.

If you travel to the USA from 12 January 2009, it is essential that you complete the ESTA form  before you travel in order to receive travel authorization. The form must be filled out at the latest 72 hours prior to departure, but it is recommended that you complete it as soon as you plan your journey.

This procedure applies to adults and children (whatever their age). The information requested includes passport number and country of residence.
In most cases, electronic travel authorization is granted online almost immediately by specifying authorization approved. It is valid for a period of two years or until expiry of the passport.

ACCEPT COOKIESTo give you the best possible experience, this site uses cookies. Using this site means you agree to our use of cookies. We have published a cookies policy, which you should read to find out more about the cookies we use. View cookies policy.